Esoteric Online

"Most English-speaking people...will admit that cellar door is 'beautiful', especially if dissociated from its sense (and from its spelling). More beautiful than, say, sky, and far more beautiful than beautiful. Well then, in Welsh for me cellar doors are extraordinarily frequent, and moving to the higher dimension, the words in which there is pleasure in the contemplation of the association of form and sense are abundant." - JR.R. Tolkien

I propose the English pronounciation of the word "cellar door" to be the foundation for a whole language in which it means "My home is in your heart". It is roughly equivalent to "I love you" and everything that can be logically derived from it without question is bound to remain the rest of the language. "Cellar" is the largest aspect that can ever be derived from any form of higher contemplation and "door" is the encapsuling of it beneath us in where the overview may contain us all flowing free between each other at a glance.

In the grand regard of destiny, I recon it simply must be. Besides, it's a fun idea and even if ever only fate itself fulfills the whole formulation of the real language, I should be so happy to have a language that is based upon the poetry of sound. I'll even call it my native tongue - by the joy of my soul. To be fair, we will ofcourse have to agree on its proper spelling as it is in regard to the aesthetics of a corresponding poetry for visual form.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very interesting Elenora, I "cellar door" this article!

I saw another word the other day, then I forgot it. It too was beautiful. I shall let the language in its entirety overflow my dreams until I am remarkably fluent in it.

RSS

© 2019   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service