Esoteric Online

Hello Hello,

I'm going to disclose all of my favorite diet tips here. I am going to refrain from speaking about this subject in a purely scientific manner and instead I will leave it up to you, the reader, to do your own research on my specific points. I am merely relaying what I do with a simple explanation of why I do it and why it is good. Most of the terminology that I will be using relates to food in the USA (Organic, Non-GMO, etc). So if you are from another country, just ask for a clarification and I will do my best to re-explain. 

B.Zyms Diet Rules! Please note this is a good list but it is not comprehensive

1. No food for at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.

- Why? If you eat before you go to sleep, your body will not digest the food properly while you are sleeping. Instead the food is just sitting in your gut and slowly rotting away. Your body has no desire to process recent food while it is asleep, it is too busy repairing itself and doing other things.

2. Choose ORGANIC food whenever possible, or if no organic option, then choose NON-GMO!  (For those who don't know, Organic is a certification in the USA, the word has legal significance. It means the food was not treated with non-organic pesticides, it has no preservatives/artificial colors and flavors, and it was not created with gene editing technology (Non-GMO)

- Why? 1. Non-Organic food has non-organic pesticides in it. This means that when you eat the non-organic food, trace amounts of these pesticides go through your gut and stomach. Your gut and stomach are lined with good bacteria that help break down the foods you eat. If you are constantly eating foods that contain trace amounts of non-organic pesticides, then your bacterial lining in your stomach/gut will be severely weakened, which means that you will not properly absorb nutrients from food as well as you could before! 

- Why 2. Preservatives and artificial colors/flavors... Do I really have to explain these? Do the research, they cause cancer and disrupt your hormones/bodily processes

- Why 3. GMO foods are foods with a combination of genes from other food sources that create desirable traits in production of the food (Anti-bacterial, anti-pest, they grow 2x fast, etc). The science behind GMO is very debatable. However, I can guarantee you that GMO foods can cause allergic reactions. For example, a GMO corn is made of genes from corn, as well as other genes from foods such as soy, palm, and other fruits. If you eat a GMO corn, your body is being exposed to the genes of soy, palm, and other fruits as well. If you are allergic to one of these other fruits, then you may have a reaction to the GMO corn, even though "you never ate a soy or a palm, etc) Just play it safe and avoid these! Note: Selectively bred food is different than GMO!

3. Cook with Oils that have a high smoke point. 

Why? Did you know that oils become carcinogenic after you cook them past a certain temperature? Some oils become carcinogenic at much lower temperatures than others. Avoid these! Only use those oils in their raw form! Don't cook with them! I personally use macadamia nut oil (very expensive), ghee, and coconut oil. I only use olive oil for low temperature cooking or I sprinkle it RAW on foods! Go research and see which oils are the best! There are charts all over the internet. In my opinion, the worst oils are: cottonseed oil, palm oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, etc.

4. Keep your Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio in check... 4:1 ratio is good. 

Why? Idk why, but I felt better after I did this. How do you do this? Simply eat foods high in Omega 3's - Salmon, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, anchovies, sardines, etc

5. Avoid Cane Sugar and Corn Syrup like the plague! AND FRIED FOOD!

Why? It accelerates aging and gives you cancer! Plus bad bacteria love to feed on sugar, so if your body is high in sugar, it is a great environment for harmful bacteria! Instead, use other types of sugar that are low-glycemic such as coconut sugar, stevia, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, date sugar, etc.

*Tip on how to avoid sugar cravings: Combine 1 L of water with 1 TBSP of cinnamon or just put 1 cinnamon stick in hot water; OR; 1 TBSP Psyllium Husk (a fiber that makes you full)

6. Drink more water than you think you need, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, FILTER IT!

Why? Lack of water is the root cause of most health problems, especially headaches. Be careful, you can die if you drink too much water! Filter it: Use a gravity filter, or reverse osmosis, etc. Invest in a nice filter! First check the local water quality report to see whats in your water. You may be surprised to find out what you are actually drinking! And if you want to take it to the next level, install a shower filter as well. Your skin is your biggest organ and it is porous, meaning it can absorb small chemicals that go through it! Avoid mainstream bottled water brands like Nestle, Dasani, Aquafina.

*ALSO! Don't drink water while you are eating a meal! Wait 20 min after the meal to start drinking? Why? Because the acids in your stomach that are being used to break down the food you just ate will become diluted and not as effective if you drink water while you are eating! It is ok to take small sips to moisten the inside of your mouth as your are eating though!

7. If you cheat, enjoy it!

Don't regret it! Just pay off your debt the next day!

To be continued!

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderful piece, B. Zym. Don't forget tempeh on the Omega/B12 list! Still a chocolate-dependent, but lately I've been eating nothing between 8 PM and 7 AM, which fits in with these suggestions. Please continue...

RSS

© 2019   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service