Esoteric Online

Shiva Goraksha Babaji/Maha Avatar Babaji - Same dude

Here is a compilation of evidence to support the theory that maha avatar babaji ,goraknatha,shiva goraksha babaji are the same being..

here is some info on goraknath , i found in a book by swami shivananda

Sri Gorakhnath was a great Yogi like Sri Jnanadev of Alandi. In Chandragiri village on the
banks of the Godavari, there was a Brahmin named Suraj. His wife’s name was Sarasvati. They had
no children. Yogi Matsyendranath went for Bhiksha in the house of Suraj. Sarasvati entertained the
Yogi with good food, with Sraddha. She wept before him for not having a child. Yogi
Matsyendranath gave her a pinch of holy ash with blessings for a child. Some time later, she had a
son. Matsyendranath came back to Sarasvati and took the boy with him when he was twelve years
of age. He sent the boy to Badrinarayan for doing Tapas. Apsaras and other Devatas came to molest
him. He stood firm and tided over all temptations. He got tremendous Siddhis. Matsyendranath also
imparted all his powers and Vidyas to the boy, his disciple, Gorakhnath.

Now lets see what wikipedia says , i found a fair amount of info

Gorakhnath (also known as Goraksanath,[3] estimated c. early 11th century) was an influential founder of the Nath Hindu monastic movement in India.[4] He is considered as one of the two notable disciples of Matsyendranath. His followers are found in India's Himalayan states, the western and central states and the Gangetic plains as well as in Nepal. These followers are called yogisGorakhnathiDarshani or Kanphata.[5]

The details of his biography are unknown and disputed.[6] Hagiographies describe him as more than a human teacher and someone outside the laws of time who appeared on earth in different ages.[7] Historians state Gorakhnath lived sometime during the first half of the 2nd millennium CE, but they disagree in which century. Estimates based on archaeology and text range from Briggs' 11th- to 12th-century[7] to Grierson's estimate of the 14th-century.[8]

Gorakhnath is considered a Maha-yogi (or great yogi) in the Hindu tradition.[9] He did not emphasize a specific metaphysical theory or a particular Truth, but emphasized that the search for Truth and spiritual life is valuable and a normal goal of man.[9] Gorakhnath championed Yoga, spiritual discipline and an ethical life of self determination as a means to reaching samadhi and one's own spiritual truths.[9] His followers are also famous for having been part of the warrior ascetic movement since the 14th-century,[10] to militarily resist persecution against the Islamic and British colonial rule, developing martial arts and targeted response against high officials.[11][12]

Gorakhnath, his ideas and yogis have been highly popular in rural India, with monasteries and temples dedicated to him found in many states of India, particularly in eponymous city of Gorakhpur.[13][14] Among urban elites, the movement founded by Gorakhnath has been ridiculed.[13]

Historian accounts[edit]

Historians vary in their estimate on when Gorakhnath lived. Estimates based on archaeology and text range from Briggs' 11th- to 12th-century[7] to Baba Farid documents and Jnanesvari manuscripts leading Abbott to connect Gorakhnath to the 13th-century,[15] to Grierson who relying on evidence discovered in Gujarat suggests the 14th-century.[15] His influence is found in the numerous references to him in the poetry of Kabir and of Guru Nanak of Sikhism, which describe him as a very powerful leader with a large following, thereby suggesting he likely lived around the time these spiritual leaders lived in India.[16]

Historical texts imply that Gorakhnath was originally a Buddhist in a region influenced by Shaivism, and he converted to Hinduism championing Shiva and Yoga.[17] Gorakhnath led a life as a passionate exponent of ideas of Kumarila and Adi Shankara that championed the Yoga and Advaita Vedanta interpretation of the Upanishads.[18] Gorakhnath considered the controversy between dualism and nondualism spiritual theories in medieval India as useless from practice point of view, he emphasized that the choice is of the yogi, that the spiritual discipline and practice by either path leads to "perfectly illumined samadhi state of the individual phenomenal consciousness", states Banerjea.[19]

Hagiographic accounts[edit]

The hagiography on Gorakhnath describe him to have appeared on earth several times.[7] The legends do not provide a time or place where he was born, and consider him to be superhuman.[20] North Indian hagiographies suggest he originated from northwest India (Punjab, with some mentioning Peshawar).[20] Other hagiographies on Gorakhnath in Bengal and Bihar suggest he originated from eastern region of India (Assam).[20]

These hagiographies are inconsistent, and offer varying records of the spiritual descent of Gorakhnath. All name Adinath and Matsyendranath as two teachers preceding him in the succession. Though one account lists five gurus preceding Adinath and another lists six teachers between Matsyendranath and Gorakhnath, current tradition has Adinath identified with Lord Shiva as the direct teacher of Matsyendranath, who was himself the direct teacher of Gorakhnath.[21]

The legends in the Nath tradition assert that he traveled widely across the Indian subcontinent, and accounts about him are found in some form in several places including NepalPunjabSindhUttar PradeshUttarakhandAssamBengalOdishaKathiawar(Gujarat)MaharashtraKarnataka, and even Sri Lanka.

Nath Sampradaya[edit]

The Nath tradition states that its traditions existed before Gorakhnath, but the movement's greatest expansion happened under the guidance and inspiration of Gorakhnath. He produced a number of writings and even today is considered the greatest of the Naths. It has been purported that Gorakhnath wrote the first books on Laya yoga. In India there are many caves, many with temples built over them, where it is said that Gorakhnath spent time in meditation. According to Bhagawan Nityananda, the samadhi shrine (tomb) of Gorakhnath is at Nath Mandir near the Vajreshwari temple about one kilometer from Ganeshpuri, MaharashtraIndia.[22] According to legends Gorakhnath and Matsyendranath did penance in Kadri Temple at Mangalore, Karnataka. They are also instrumental in laying Shivlingam at Kadri and Dharmasthala.

The temple of Gorakhnath is also situated on hill called Garbhagiri near Vambori, Tal Rahuri; Dist Ahmednagar. There is also a famous temple of Gorakhnath in the state of Odisha.

Gorakhnath Math[edit]

Gorakhnath mandir in Gorakhpur, India

The Gorakhnath Math is a monastery of the Nath monastic group named after the medieval saint, Gorakhnath (c. 11th century), of the Nath sampradaya. The math and town of Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh is named after him. The monastery and the temple performs various cultural and social activities and serves as the cultural hub of the city. The monastery also publishes texts on the philosophy of Gorakhnath.[23]

Hatha yoga[edit]

Some scholars associate the origins of Hatha yoga with the Nath yogis, in particular Gorakhnath and his guru Matsyendranath.[2][24][25] According to British indologist James Mallinson, this association is false.[24] In his view, the origins of hatha yoga should be associated with the Dashanami Sampradaya of Advaita Vedanta[26] (Hinduism), the mystical figure of Dattatreya,[27] and the Rāmānandīs.[28]

While the origins of Hatha yoga are disputed, according to Guy Beck – a professor of Religious Studies known for his studies on Yoga and music, "the connections between Goraknath, the Kanphatas and Hatha yoga are beyond question".[1]

Works[edit]

Romola Butalia, an Indian writer of Yoga history, lists the works attributed to Gorakhnath as follows: "Guru Gorakhnath is thought to have authored several books including the Goraksha Samhita, Goraksha Gita, Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati, Yoga Martanada, Yoga Siddhanta Paddhati, Yoga-Bija, Yoga Chintamani. He is believed to be the founder of the Nath Sampradaya and it is stated that the nine Naths and 84 Siddhas are all human forms created as yogic manifestations to spread the message of yoga and meditation to the world. It is they who reveal samadhi to mankind."

Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati[edit]

The Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati is a Hatha Yoga Sanskrit text attributed to Gorakhnath by the Nath tradition. According to Feuerstein (1991: p. 105), it is "one of the earliest hatha yoga scriptures, the Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati, contains many verses that describe the avadhuta" (liberated) yogi.[32][33]

The Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati text is based on an advaita (nonduality) framework, where the yogi sees "himself in all beings, and all in himself" including the identity of the individual soul (Atman) with the universal (Brahman).[34] This idea appears in the text in various forms, such as the following:

The four varna (castes) are perceived to be located in the nature of the individual, i.e. Brahmana in sadacara (righteous conduct), Ksatriya in saurya (valor and courage), Vaisya in vyavasaya (business), and Sudra in seva (service). A yogin experiences all men and women of all races and castes within himself. Therefore he has no hatred for anybody. He has love for every being.

— Gorakhnath, Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati III.6-8 (Translator: D Shastri)[35
Here is some info on maha avatar babaji from a book.

My Questions to Babaji
I have some questions, may I ask?

Please by all means!
O.k., I was looking at some info on the web and they were talking about inscension rather than ascension through the star gates. Is this a prophecy they are manifesting, based on fear, or is it a reality?

Prophecy based on fear.
Good, o.k. also, what is a soul matrix siddhi?

Means that the power to access any soul matrix system in the universe, in any single cell…individual, or collective soul grid, is easily accessed by he/she who has awakened the siddhi of samyama.
So this means being able to access everyone's soul memory to help heal them?

When the siddhi is chosen for good…yes absolutely! This is how I work in you.

Well, then this is your 2nd most important and prized gift you have given to me.
Yes. I did not give it though. I can’t access Tara as you can.
Why not?
Just because that is not my job. And because you require a full 3D aspect to do this. I have a body but it is extremely subtle and transparent.
O.k.
Plus. It requires divine love in a human experience with the reflection of another.
So it seems like one of our main teachings should be around divine love relationships as this heals more than any healing technique, right?
Exactly!!!!!!!! Just see what has happened in you!!!! Just contemplate that for a moment with me...
I now see how important this workshop series about awakening the inner soul mate is.
Series is accurate.

I would much rather teach about that than how DNA distortions happened…And all the negativity associated with that.
Yes!!!!!!
So this will be our focus. First removing fear and blockages to unconditional self-love.
So...think how can you apply what you have taught about DNA distortions now regarding the expression of love. What are the distortions that people create regarding divine love and the blockages they have in that.
O.k. Do you desire me to tell you this now?
What else?
Ha ha!
Ha ha!

O.k., if a person has a distortion in their 4th DNA strand, that affects their ability to open up their heart chakra and cultivate love. Blockages to divine love include past beliefs that "God is outside of me, God abandoned me, God is a wrathful God, I am unworthy for God's love", etc.
So there you go...this you will teach at the Friday workshop. And work only in the blockages of the heart chakra…and the crown chakra. So. Anything else?
Are there any other ways I can use the tri-veca for healing? I can put the tri-veca in my heart chakra, put divine love in the middle, and then send it to the person's heart chakra, right?
Yes.
So we can start offering private sessions to awaken the divine soul mate or divine love within?

Yep! 11/11.

These don't have to be in person do they? In Sedona yes, I understand, but in the future now?
No. But they do need to be done by you both together. You will train masters to do this.
And all this information will be given on how to do it?
Child. Yes. It is in you. You are already as the model! You have no idea!!!!!
But I do!
And later we will continue activation on samyama. You are ready for next set. Next time available?

6:00pm.
Perfect!
Ha ha.
Later then. Ha ha.
O.k. thank you Babaji.
O.k. thank you Shivananda.
Namaste.
NamasGod.

Here is some good info on maha avatar babaji from wiki pedia, most of which i have seen in the books from which it was taken.

Mahāvatār Bābājī (literally; Great Avatar Dear Father) is the name given to an Indian saint and yogi by Lahiri Mahasaya and several of his disciples,[2] who reported meeting him between 1861 and 1935. Some of these meetings were described by Paramahansa Yogananda in his book Autobiography of a Yogi, including a first-hand report of Yogananda's own meeting with the yogi.[3] Another first hand account was given by Yukteswar Giri in his book The Holy Science.[4] According to Sri M's autobiography (Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master) Babaji, was Shiva. In the second last chapter of his book, he mentions Babaji changing his form to that of Shiva. All of these accounts, along with additional reported meetings, are described in various biographies.[5][6][7] According to Yogananda's autobiography, Babaji has resided for at least hundreds of years in the remote Himalayan regions of India, seen in person by only a small number of disciples and others.[3][8] The death less Master is more than 2000 years old. He belongs to a very powerful lineage of Siddha Boganthar and Rishi Agastya as his Gurus. He acquired this deathless, non perishable body through tough yogik kriyas.

Again, according to his autobiography, shortly before Yogananda left for America in 1920, Babaji came to his home in Calcutta, where the young monk sat deeply praying for divine assurance regarding the mission he was about to undertake. Babaji said to him: "Follow the behest of your guru and go to America. Fear not; you shall be protected. You are the one I have chosen to spread the message of Kriya Yoga in the West."[3]

Childhood[edit]

There are very few accounts of Babaji's childhood. One source of information is the book Babaji and the 18 Siddha Kriya Yoga tradition by Marshal Govindan.[9] According to Govindan, Babaji was named Nagarajan (king of serpents) by his parents. [8] V.T. Neelakantan and S.A.A. Ramaiah founded on 17 October 1952, (they claim – at the request of Babaji) a new organization, "Kriya Babaji Sangah," dedicated to the teaching of Babaji's Kriya Yoga. They claim that in 1953 Mahavatar Babaji told them that he was born on 30 November 203 CE in a small coastal village now known as Parangipettai, Cuddalore district of Tamil Nadu, India.[10] Babaji's Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas Trust (Kriya Babaji Sangah) and their branch organizations claim his place and date of birth.[10] He was a disciple of Bogar and his birth name is Nagarajan.[9][10]

In Paramahansa Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi, many references are made to Mahavatar Babaji, including from Lahirī and Sri Yukteshwar.[3] In his book The Second Coming of Christ, Yogananda states that Jesus Christ went to India and conferred with Mahavatar Babaji.[8] This would make Babaji at least 2000 years old.[11] According to Govindan's book, Babaji Nagaraj's father was the priest of the village's temple. Babaji revealed only those details which he believed to be formative as well as potentially instructive to his disciples. Govindan mentioned one incident like this: "One time Nagaraj's mother had got one rare jackfruit for a family feast and put it aside. Babaji was only 4 years old at that time. He found the jackfruit when his mother was not around and ate it all. When his mother came to know about it, she flew in blind rage and stuffed a cloth inside Babaji's mouth, nearly suffocating him, but he survived. Later on he thanked God for showing him that she was to be loved without attachment or illusion. His Love for his mother became unconditional and detached."[9]

When Nagaraj was about 5 years old, someone kidnapped him and sold him as a slave in Calcutta (now Kolkata). His new owner however was a kind man and he freed Nagaraj shortly thereafter. Nagaraj then joined a small group of wandering sannyāsin due to their radiant faces and love for God. During the next few years, he wandered from place to place, studying holy scriptures like the VedasUpanishadMahabharataRamayanaBhagavad Gita.

Quest for Self-realization[edit]

According to Marshall Govindan's book, at the age of eleven, he made a difficult journey on foot and by boat with a group of ascetics to Kataragama, Sri Lanka. Nagaraj met Siddha Bhogarnathar and became his disciple. Nagaraj performed intensive yogic sadhana for a long time with him. Bhogarnathar inspired Nagaraj to seek his initiation into Kriya Kundalini Pranayam from Siddha Agastya. Babaji became a disciple of Siddha Agastya. Nagaraj was initiated into the secrets of Kriya Kundalini Pranayama or "Vasi Yogam". Babaji made a long pilgrimage to Badrinath and spent eighteen months practising yogic kriya taught to him by Siddha Agastya and Bhogarnathar. Babaji attained self-realization shortly thereafter.[9]

It is claimed that these revelations were made by Babaji himself to S.A.A. Ramaiah, a young graduate student in geology at the University of Madras and V.T. Neelakantan, a famous journalist, and close student of Annie Besant, President of the Theosophical Society and mentor of Krishnamurti. Babaji was said to have appeared to each of them independently and then brought them together to work for his Mission in 1942.[

Traditional legends[edit]

Altar of the meditation circle Langerringen near Augsburg in Bavaria, Germany. Group of Self-Realization Fellowship.

Legendary powers and age have been attributed to Mahavatar Babaji by the disciples of Lahirī. These stories have led many to believe that Mahavatar Babaji is a legendary person, rather than a real sadhu that was seen by numerous witnesses from 1861 to 1935.

Paramahansa Yogananda, in his Autobiography, described Mahavatar Babaji's role on earth [8]:

The Mahavatar is in constant communion with Christ; together they send out vibrations of redemption, and have planned the spiritual technique of salvation for this age. The work of these two fully-illumined masters–one with the body, and one without it–is to inspire the nations to forsake suicidal wars, race hatreds, religious sectarianism, and the boomerang-evils of materialism. Babaji is well aware of the trend of modern times, especially of the influence and complexities of Western civilization, and realizes the necessity of spreading the self-liberations of yoga equally in the West and in the East.

In addition, Babaji is reputed to be ageless, according to some accounts, and about 500 years old around the late 1800s, according to Pranabananda.[5] Yogananda reports that, according to the disciples of Lahirī, nobody knows Babaji's age, family, place of birth, true name, or other details "dear to the annalist's heart."[3]

According to Yogananda's autobiography, he has a sister called Mataji (meaning "Holy Mother") who also has lived throughout the centuries. [15] Her level of spiritual attainment is comparable to her brother's, and she lives in a state of spiritual ecstasy in an underground cave. Although only three pages in the book are dedicated to her, she is described by Ram Gopal as "young and surpassingly lovely" as well as a "glorious woman."[3]

Yogananda frequently prayed out loud to "Babaji-Krishna."[16]

Modern claims and popular references[edit]

Statue of shri Mahavatar Babaji at Babajisannidhan, Bangalore, India

Mahavatar Babaji was one of the many people featured on the cover of The Beatles' 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. He can also be seen on the cover of George Harrison's 1974 album Dark Horse.[1][17]

In Book 3 of Conversations with God (1998), by Neale Donald Walsch, it is suggested that Babaji may at one time have resurrected himself from the dead.[18]

In the Book Ultimate Journey (1994), by Robert Monroe Monroe visits a person through his astral projection (although no name is mentioned) who turns out to have lived one single life for 1800 years, which would suggest that he was born around 203 CE.

The 2002 Tamil film Baba written by Rajinikanth was based on Babaji. Swami Maheshwarananda writes in his book The hidden power in humans, that the Guru of the legendary Babaji is Sri Alakh Puriji.[19]

In his autobiography Apprenticed to a Himalayan master: a yogi's autobiography (2010), Sri M (Mumtaz Ali) narrates his meeting with Babaji near Neelkant hill.[20] In his book, Sri M gave description of Babaji as golden complexioned, bare-bodied, except for a shining white loin cloth that barely reached the knees, and flowing brown hair that fell to his shoulders. He mentioned that a lovely scent emanated from Babaji and he looked divine. In the second last chapter of his book, he mentions that Babji himself was Lord Shiva. He describes seeing Babaji changing his form to Lord Shiva again and again. He also mentions that Sai Baba, Jesus, Guru Nanak and many others were disciples of Mahavatar Babaji.

Songwriter Roger Hodgson of English rock band Supertramp composed a song called 'Babaji' in reference to Mahavatar Babaji. This song is recorded on their 1977 album Even in the Quietest Moments...

There are other references, one good one being a book by yogiraj siddhanath..but i could not find any digital information to share.

Hope it was interesting..to think someone like this exists.

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yogiraj Siddhanath

Babaji was Yogiraj Gurunath’s spiritual guide. People know him by many names, and yet Shiv-Goraksha Babaji is called the Nameless One. He broods over the infant humanities from eternity to eternity. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but he shall be in the here and now, eternally to stay. The limited vision of sages, siddhas, philosophers, and yogis cannot pierce his transcendental star. His spiritual stature is inconceivable. He is the collective Elohim, the spiritual essence of the nine Nath Lords combined. He is the great sacrifice who in countless supernovae explosions infused every atom of creation with his spirit of livingness, wisdom, and truth to redeem not only humankind, but all life and matter to their pristine state of consciousness.

Shiv-Goraksha Babaji is regarded as a manifestation of Lord Shiva himself and the founder of the Nath Tradition. He has bestowed upon humanity the practices to evolve human consciousness, in particular, the divine alchemy of Shiva Shakti (Kundalini Kriya Yoga), which exercises a double action to hasten the evolution of the self soul. This expands the self-consciousness and burns away past evil karma.

Babaji is ever the same. He was never born and therefore can never die. They call him aja (the unborn). But from time to time, this compassionate Lord of irradiant splendor does manifest for humanity to do what needs to be done. Pulling the veil of Maya by himself, he will take a form of Lightless light to incarnate amongst the haunts of men. He guards, guides, and enlightens their evolutionary blueprint.

His deathless body of lightless light may take any form through which he can express and show himself to the faithful from age to age. He took the form of Adi Nath Shiva himself, and of Rudra of the Ancient of days. He came recently in 500 B.C. as Kal Agni Nath, than as Dakshin Murti when he initiated himself. Then he manifested as Goraksha Nath in 70 B.C. at the time of King Shalivahan and Chowrangee Nath. In the same ever-present immortal body, he manifested as Shiv-Goraksha Babaji in the ninth century A.D. during the time of Guga Nath, whom he empowered to have complete mastery over the Nagas and ultimately be worshipped as a Naga God.

It so happened that the great Matsyendra Nath journeyed to the Himalayas and there did intense tapa and meditation. The Adi Nath Lord Shiva was pleased, appeared to the Nath and asked him what he needed. The great Yogi asked Shiva to give him a disciple greater and more perfect than himself. The Lord answered and said, You are already perfect and have attained the final enlightenment. But Matsyendra Nath insisted so Lord Shiva said that he would himself manifest as his disciple. Then from the Heart of Adi Nath the Eternal Shiva Goraksha Babaji ensued an irradiant flame of splendor and the Mahavatar Shiva Goraksha Babaji was manifest in the spiritual realm; ready to inhabit a grosser body.

So Matsyendra Nath gave to a woman wanting a child some holy ash (Vibhuti) from his bag. The spirit of Goraksha was in the Vibhuti but the unbelieving woman threw it into the dirt and the dung heap. Unperturbed by this act, the spirit of Goraksha still grew and when Matsyendra Nath came to the place and called to the woman she was sorry for what she had done and told him her story.

Then the Lord of compassion Shiva Goraksha arose from beneath the dirt and mire of our earth to cleanse and free the earth and its people from the same dirt and dung which covers their souls. To give us the radiant love and nectar of the Divine through Kriya Yoga Meditation.

I found this on goraknath in a book called  "kundalini yoga" by swami Sivananda"

Sri Gorakhnath in his 12th year went to Badrinarayan and performed Tapas for 12 long
years, living on air alone. Gorakhnath had tremendous Yogic powers. When his Guru
Matsyendranath entered the dead body of a Raja (Parakaya Pravesh) to obey the orders of Sri
Hanuman to produce an offspring for a certain Rani, Gorakhnath assumed the form of a lady
through his Yogic powers and entered the inner apartments of the palace (Kamarupa Siddhi). At
some other instance he made a toy child out of clay and gave this as a play-mate for the children of a
certain village. He converted a portion of a mountain into gold and reconverted it to its former
condition. He passed urine on a rock. It became gold. Once in a Kumbhamela on the banks of the
Godavari, he gave food to all by spreading only leaves but offered different rich meals to the liking
of everyone. In the same Mela he slowly reduced himself in bulk and assumed the form of a
mosquito (Anima Siddhi). Through his own Yogic power he burnt himself to ashes and again
assumed his original form. He did Akasagamanam (walking in the sky). In this way he performed
many Siddhis. Raja Bhartrihari was his disciple.

Babaji is the Eternal Father in Human Form. Each of His forms is an amazing Divine Play - a Divine Sport.

Our amazing pleasure and enlightenment is accelerated when we study each of His incarnations.  He often has two or thousands of bodies on the planet at the same time, participating with many styles to deliver messages to individuals or groups, always raising our spiritual evolution and expanding our minds and healing.

link to complete article: Leonard Orr link

Hi sav-thanks for the reply and the link:)

RSS

© 2018   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service