Esoteric Online

What if astrological ages were in fact going forward?

It is commonly heard that right now, due to the precession of the equinoxes, we are at the border between the Ages of Pisces and Aquarius; the last Age was Aries, before came Taurus, Gemini and so on...
But what if, in fact, ages are moving forward like common planets of the Zodiac?
Based on some speculation, I think it could be like this.

First of all: Ptolemy, who fixed the signs, was aware of the precession but resolved to conventionally establish that Aries 00'00''00 would have been the spring vernal point of the Sun, regardless of the fixed stars sphere.
And, in fact, all of western astrology from Ptolemy to the XX Century has been applied with no regard for the fixed stars sphere. Some modern astrologers have been using sideral Zodiacs, keeping notion of the precession, but the majority of western astrologers still use tropical Zodiac.
Vedic Astrology does keep notion of the precession, but this leads to the issues of determining how much sidereal Zodiac shifted from Tropical one, and this question is still debated.

The reason why European astrologers have been using tropical Zodiacs is that the influence of the planets is based on the cycle of seasons rather than the position of fixed stars.
Precession of the equinoxes has been commonly used to bash astrology by people who are totally ignorant of the very subject they are trying to bash! What they do not know is that the signs of the Zodiac receive their nature (elemental and modal) by the annual rythm of the Sun, not the other way round.

This brief introduction I used to explain why tropical Zodiacs are still used and way they make much more sense than sidereal. But still, the fixed stars moves; they move just like Sun, Moon, Mercury etc... altought they move very slow, cycling the Zodiac in about 26.000 years. Question arising now is: do they influence the sublunar world? If yes, how do they?

Stars, like Planets, have an influence on the Anima Mundi, so we can easily assume that, yes, the sphere of the fixed stars has an influence on the Earth, and based on it's incredible slow cycle, we can assume it has an huge influence, altought very subtle and deep.

Now, I began this post explaining the reasons beyond why I always use tropical system. Traditional measurment of astrological ages is based on the position of the vernal point in relation to the fixed stars. In my all-tropical system, I measure astrological ages the other way round: I base my self on the position of the fixed stars in relation to the vernal point, which is always Aries 00'00''00.

In this system, fixed stars move just like other Planets: Aries is the first sign, then Taurus, Gemini, Cancer...

Now, question arises on where exactly the fixes stars sphere is. It is everywhere, of course, but which point marks its position on a tropical Zodiac system?

To this question, I'm not sure is there an answer yet; but we can make speculations based on historical researches.

1) During the Neo-Babylonian Empire, when western Astrology was born, the vernal point was in Aries, and there it has been from 2000BC to 100BC

2) Aries is associated with the archetype of beginning. Especially the star Ras Hamal.
3) Mystical approaches to the astrological Ages set the beginning of the Age of Pisces in the first centuries AD; it could be that these mystical approaches are unconsciously referring to the beginning of the Age of Taurus.

It might be speculated that the fiducial point is Ras Hamal itself, but we have no proof for this.

I will conclude this by saying that we simply should fix the passage from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aries (the beginning of the Platonic Year we are living in), in an unknown year between 2000BC and 1000BC.

If we take a look on the history of mankind based on this system, we will see many answers to it:

Age of Aries
(began 2000BC-1000BC, ended 160AD-1160AD)
The Age of War; when empires such as Alexandrian, Roman and Chinese were born. In earlier Aries Age, the strongly militaristic Indo-European and Turkic civilizations expanded all across Eurasia. In the Americas too great empires are born. Also, probably the Early Middle Ages, the age when a strong ideal of warrior aristocracy was dominant, lies at the end of Aries.

Age of Taurus
(began 160AD-1160AD, will end 2320AD-3320AD)
The age we are living in: the Age of Welfare. In this age, spirituality and religion is mostly abandoned and less felt. On a positive side, this age sees technological progress and an increase of productivity: the industrial revolution highly improved our ability to provide from the earth, thus increasing our welfare of living.

Age of Gemini

(will begin 2320AD-3320AD)
Might be that we are already entering the Age of Communication; if not, we are surely seeing the first lights of this Platonic Month. Gemini is related to knowledge and communication. In the last years, lots of invention has been made; our knowledge of the world highly increased; by the invention of trains and planes, traveling is much easier and fast; communicating, thanks to telephone, radiowaves and internet is easier and accessible to everyone.

While dealing with past ages...

Age of Pisces
(began 4160BC-3160BC, ended 2000BC-1000BC)
Highly spiritual, artistic and imaginific civilizations flourished during the Age of Spirituality: Minoan, Egyptian, Babylonian, Indus Valley, early Chinese, several pre-Columbian civilizations etc...
The vast majority of every esoteric and spiritual traditions has its roots in this age.
Also, visual artwork strongly develop here.

Age of Aquarius

(began 6320BC-5320BC, ended 4160BC-3160BC)
The latest neolithic age lies in the Age of Knowledge, so here lies the majority of technological discoveries. The Vinca culture tables, containing the earlies reported form of writing, dates back to this age; but several others writing systems are reported to have been born in this age.

Age of Capricorn

(began 8480BC-7480BC, ended 6320BC-5320BC)

The neolithic revolution lies fully into the Age of Work: modern agriculture is born during this age.

Age of Sagittarius

(began 10640BC-9640BC, ended 8480BC-7480BC)

The Age of Travel lies right at the end of the latest glacial period, and this age cointains a large scale history of human migrations. The horse riders peoples of Eurasia (Indo-european, Turkic, Uralic, Siberian etc...) trace their origin during this age. Before the end of this age, nearly every of the world had been inhabited. Interesting enough that this age follows a glacial period: the fire of Sagittarius “melted” the ice (fixed water) of Scorpio.

Views: 436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This makes more sense to me honestly, but overall it just further emphasizes the idea that our understanding of the zodiac is inherently incompletely and relative based on where on the planet the stars are being observed.

It also becomes especially complex when one realizes that the qualities ascribed to certain signs of the zodiac were derived from observations of how life on Earth proceeded during each sign.  It was not a scientific process at all, which partly explains why horoscopes are totally arbitrary. 

This being said, I absolutely do think the zodiac plays a role in world events, however I humbly admit that no human mind below the level of Hermes could possibly comprehend how.  I believe in the past astrology was much more accurate and useful than it is now, but that knowledge has been completely lost and even if it was not, without nightly access to the stars (unless you live in Siberia or the Chilean desert) it would appear meaningless in our modern experience.

Indeed, it is a very complicated matter and we must be aware that we cannot fully comprehend it.

Indeed, it is a very complicated matter and we must be aware that we cannot fully comprehend it.

Hm that means most calculated horoscopes could be way off, doesn't it?

If anything, it supports my take on astrology, because no matter from where you get to see a clockwork, if that's your only view of it, you'll measure things by what you see and align them to your observations.

However, having dealt with astrology to some extent over the last 25 years,  I cannot confirm that birth-horoscopes are arbitrary at all, if you understand how to deal with the information you can draw from it. What ever has not gotten lost, it still acts as a good orientation, if one cares for it.

Knowledge or awareness of astrology can help you understand people a little better, even if they do things you can't quite fathom, haha. I prefer to rely on my own observations, though, when it comes to interpreting astrological aspects.

I believe, astrology is a tool one has to use with a very active mind and not just rely on thoughtlessly scrambling interpretations of others. But when you use it, it provides very useful guidance, even in its current state.

It could be that what's established is an outline of astrology and to get more reliable "measurements" we have to tune it based on many factors. So therefore many things need to be considered like the location on earth, the calendar year (such as current or a specific year in the past etc), and even the person it pertains to.  It's not conventionally scientific obviously because sure it's not done in a lab  but it was based off of countless years of experience by some of the greatest minds in the past.   The relative aspect of it can encourage rather than discourage people's learning process in astrology.

I don't mean to be a "smartipants", but isn't repeated observation a core concept of science?

What countless opportunists do with the ideas is utterly unscientific, that's completely clear, but judging from my own experience, I can strongly assume that the basis of it is likely more reliably scientific than virology, I'm afraid.

Not knowing the true origin and original methods is surely disappointing and will leave us hanging on by faith and our own observations. Key revelation here is simply an awareness of cycles and their influence, given some orientation from existing sources. Beyond that we are asked to be actively minded rather than relying on fully formulated answers. That alone elevates astrology away from pure faith.

As for the stars, well, if you can acquire enough confirmation about the computed positions of certain stars and their formations, you do no longer need to see the stars at all, really. Of course, you need to see some of them to come to a confirmation, but beyond that... astrology will not suffer from not seeing a brilliantly clear sky. That becomes increasingly less possible, due to things we likely don't want to talk about here to avoid going off on a tangent.

Yes, I believe we have been going through a prepatory time to enter the new age.  All the signs are apparent and while chaos is the general feeling choose not to despair.  It is a choice. Face the storm in truth and purity of heart.  All you really have to fear is fear itself.  Once fear is confronted with peace and love it has no power and releases its hold.  Visualize what you want in every way not what you dont and believe it is already so despite what you see or feel you know.  

I think, astrology remains misunderstood, because of the strange assumption that it was about the physical influence the stars may have on life on Earth. At some point I realized that the cyclical nature of everything that makes the universe from its very roots to the last ends of its branches turns everything that doesn't have a direct contact into a measuring instrument such as a clock. In my opinion, astrology is the art of reading and interpreting the universal clock. It's not about minute influences a distant light is suppose to have on any aspect of our existence, but rather about what process aligns with the position of the universal clockwork.

Everything is connected in this unfathomable construction of fluid dynamics. This idea seems to contradict everything I mentioned above, but one has to think of the strength of relevance a motion has compared to what it influences. Take the ocean, for example. A distant light in the night is like a pebble tossed into the water somewhere on the European west coast and on the east coast of South America a surfer tumbles of his board. Surely the pebble didn't make him fall, but in universal time there may have been a relationship between when this pebble had to drop and when the surfer lost balance.

I don't know, if that is a great analogy, but I hope you can imagine what I'm talking about.

Now, how we read this time may not be as relevant as to what we learned to relate to it by our chosen method.

If we were to observe certain positions and relationships of the heavenly bodies on the firmament to certain tendencies or events in our life up to the point where we can rely on the cyclical pattern they represent, we have found a way to read that cosmic clock. We may not regard all the motions, especially since we may not be aware of all the bodies, but what we've read had to begin making sense at some point to turn into our astrological chronometer.

When others emphasized other relationships for just as long and have managed to create reliable pattern recognition, they are reading the same time and should come to the same conclusions. Hopefully they do not use the same names across the Zodiac, because that would lead to misunderstandings.

Anyway...just my thoughts on all this. I really am fascinated by that topic and believe it still holds some important revelations to all of us about the most fundamental mechanics of existence. In a way I believe we're only waiting for the big "Aha" moment astrology will provide!

This is an interesting concept. I am no Astrologer but have read some where that the position of the planets have changed in the past and that the present astrological calculations are based on the position of the planets before this change.

Proper study of astrology by researchers will probably confirm this and may give the true position of the planets as of today. However I am not sure if such a research is being done or not.

Blessings

Joel

What is above is below, that is for sure. How exactly it works is a mystery we are probably not able to reveal fully. Thanks for an interesting article. According to my observations the tropical zodiac is the most useful one in astrology.

RSS

© 2021   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service