Home Remedies For BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy), Effective Natural Treatment
Gradual enlargement of the prostate is known as benign prostatic hypertrophy. It is common among men who are over fifty years of age. It is caused by hormonal changes in the body which takes place due to the growth in age. Growth of size in prostate glands squeezes and narrows the urethra by exerting thrust on it. This results in urine retention in bladder and cause symptoms like slow flow of urine, burning sensation while urinating, frequent urge to urinate, and inability to initiate the urine stream, intermittent urine stream and semen or blood in urine. It can also cause pain in lower back, hips and upper thighs.
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) which are very helpful and are safe to use. Some of the common home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) is the use of pumpkin seeds. These seeds are known to have plenty of zinc and diuretic properties which help in building and repairing the immune system. All you need to do is take some pumpkin seeds and remove the shells. Eat them plain, remember not to add salts. Another method is to crush a handful of pumpkin seeds and then put them in a jar (one pint). Now fill the jar with boiling water and allow it to cool down. Strain and drink it.
2. Watermelon seeds are very helpful in solving prostate and bladder problems. Just take one eighth cup of watermelon seeds and put them in a jar (one pint). Now fill it with boiling water. Allow it to cool and then strain this water. Drink one pint of it daily for the next ten days. This is one of the simplest home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy).
3. Tomatoes are also one of the effective home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy). They are rich in lycopene which is a cancer fighting antioxidant. All you need to do is consume two servings of tomatoes every week. This will reduce prostate cancer risk by half.
4. Try to avoid consuming caffeine rich products such as tea, coke, coffee, mountain dew, chocolates, red bull etc. Caffeine can cause urination problem by tightening the bladder neck.
5. Avoid drinking alcohol and stay away from spicy foods.
6. Corn silk is very effective in treating prostate enlargement. Take six ears of corn and cut the silk. Now boil one quart of water and add corn silk in it. Let it simmer for ten minutes and then strain and drink this mixture. You should drink three cups of this mixture every week in order to benefit from it.
7. Omega-3 oils are very helpful in treating benign prostatic hypertrophy. Oily fish such as mackerel, tuna and salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty oil. Consume two servings every week.
8. Soy foods are very helpful in treating prostate problems. Soy foods are known to have phytoestrogens which are very helpful in reducing the production of testosterone. They are also believed to limit the growth of the prostate tumors.
These were some of the common and effective home remedies for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) which are simple, safe and easy to use.