Esoteric Online

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”

Plato

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I have been desired to do good, but I have not desired to make noise, because I been felt that noise did no good, and that good needs no noise" - Louis Claude de Saint-Martin
'be the change you want to see in the world'' i think ghandi said that
How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?- Plato
Wow, I'm so glad you posted this. As a teen (I'm 36 now) I remember coming across the transcription of that debate with Plato and his fellow philosophers in a philosophy book. The question he posed, which you quoted, blew my mind out of the water, at that age and still today. Thanks for the philosophical reminder!!!
We say, "In calmness there should be activity; ' in activity there should be calmness." Actually, they are the same thing; to say "calmness" or to say "activity" is just to express different interpretations of one fact. There is harmony in our activity, and where there is harmony there is calmness. - D.T. Suzuki...

thought i'd add this tid bit to your collection of kewl quotes......
"ALL springs from Unity Consciousness, which first expresses geometrically as "THE Single Point". And no mater where you go in space and time... there you are... at that same "Single Point", "THE Center Of The Universe"." - Charles Gilchrist

LVX,
Grzegorz.
great quote. thanks for sharing.
“An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral.” Leo Tolstoy
My friend Sophia White introduced me to this quote and it's been one of my favorites ever since. If you pair it up with that recent YouTube video of a young Einstein saying "Nein, evil does not exist. It is just a lack of God (Light) in one's heart.", it really hits home. Love and Light to all my esoteric brethren. My YouTube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Mem7Key

I loved this, so simple and yet so profound! It says it all. :) thanks

I can understand the quote and I agree, but I also think there is room for misunderstanding.

That one might use it as a means of ignoring what is wrong or simply trying to only experience love or light.  That the lack of light implies some error, misconception, lack of understanding and some might ignore that for simply concentrating on feeling good. The real return always lies in directly meeting that issue though this doesn't mean giving it fundamental reality.  As if the lack was any kind of cause in itself.

Don't mean to be overly critical but I just feel it isn't through seeing or repeating quotes that you gain real fruit it is through looking at them and exploring them.  So I try and be true to what I say when I read other peoples writing.  Would be interested to see what you think about my words.

astonishing insight. It makes perfect sense. ♥ Thank you

RSS

© 2019   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service