Esoteric Online

It doesnt exist as far as i know, therefore it is our job, as alchemists, to make it. Im not sure where to start, so i brought it to the one place i know of being a community of, what i hope and expect, are alchemists who truly know the art. If this is the case, which I expect of course, we need to get together, online or not, and make a new branch of alchemy based on the newest kingdom, fungus.

Views: 1157

Replies to This Discussion

As I am versed in Entheogens, particularly Psilocybin. I am most intrigued by your idea, firstly, how do you define your studies of Alchemy? Second, what are you goals to achieve in this new field of study?
Well i know Alchemy as being a science wherein you make various medicines for the mind body and soul.  I use alchemy as a path of transcendence.  But what we would do is try to learn the sulphur, mercury, and salt of the fungus. Than we will have to make a new branch of Alchemy because fungus is neither plant or animal kingdom. Its more closly related to the animal kingdom due to its wierd digestion or something like that. but we should make a new branch of alchemy, not the vegatable way or the mineral way, but the fungal way.

One man who has made this question his life is Paul Stamets. I highly recommend looking into him and reading "Mycelium Running" Also, here is a link to a video where he discusses "6 ways Mushrooms can save the World" which is actually really beautifully remarkable. The man is a genius and his used his genius to further explore mushrooms and all their possible glory. 

In quick summary he believes mushrooms can help save the universe by: cleaning polluted soil, thus restoring our Ecosystem, making insecticides, treating smallpox and even flu, and has even patented and discovered a formula where mushrooms  can break down neurotoxins used in nerve gas. Stamets even believes we could terraform other worlds in our galaxy by sowing a mix of fungal spores and other seeds to create an ecological footprint on a new planet. Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_stamets_on_6_ways_mushrooms_can_save_...

Interesting concept, I see fungus itself as going through a variety of alchemical stages. You may be onto something with another aspect as well, the fact that there is no gender in fungus(rather spores), thus transcending much of the duality found in the natural world - in relevant terms what we see coming together in union through alchemy, specifically conjuction.

Without a doubt, we have co-evolved with fungus and they have surely been part of the alchemical process  undergone with consciousness, through the various stages of evolution.

Numerous fungi have huge roles in medicine, especially various Chinese varieties...so, to my mind, understanding and learning all their various "qi" is part of the basics of "fungal" alchemy...some mycology and ethnobotany is worth looking at too.  In terms of preparations, look at some of the books on Chinese medicinal wine preparations.

Cultivation of Psilocybian species (particularly P. cubensis), has been an alchemical Operation for me since my first 'from-scratch' attempts in the late 1980s. Not only do alchemical symbols and processes abound, some are carried out 'externally,' as in the Putrefaction of animal dung, and one version of The Peacock's Tail, following the Albedo of purification, consists in the kaleidoscopic jeweled eyes that one experiences 'internally,' (like many representations by Alex Grey).

In another vein, I'm interested in the possibility of a Lunar spagyric. The Moon corresponds to the 6th or [Pr]Ajna chakra, Metal: Silver, and it's Mercury may be isolated with Ethanol, its Sulphur with   rectified Vinegar, and its Salt through Calcination. Heat cannot be used to isolate the Mercury and Sulphur, lest the spirit of the mushroom's vehicle be destroyed in the process. So, I am thinking gentle agitation with a magnetic stirrer after macerating the body [carpophores]. The 3 principles could then be combined. I am not certain whether the Sulphur portion can be neutralized with a potable base like Bicarbonate of Soda, before being mixed with the alcoholic Mercury. There is a chemical process I am aware of in one of my vintage 'Psychedelic Monographs' produced by the late Thomas Lyttle (a one time visitor to my home). Just a thought.

My teachers have done some spagyric work with fungi. Maybe it might be worth it for you to check them out and ask them some questions.

Here is a Chaga Spiritualized essence of theirs. http://www.al-qemi.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&p...

How about KAMBUCHA TEA? It is brewed using a Scoby mushroom that floats on the surface of a sugar/water solution. It ferments, converting the sugar in the water into Co2,Alcohol, and several compounds and nutrients that are said to enable the body to detoxify itself when consumed. Many of the steps in the production of this drink do correspond to the alchmical stages, only I don't have the order figured out yet.

One man who has made this question his life is Paul Stamets. I highly recommend looking into him and reading "Mycelium Running" Also, here is a link to a video where he discusses "6 ways Mushrooms can save the World" which is actually really beautifully remarkable. The man is a genius and his used his genius to further explore mushrooms and all their possible glory. 

In quick summary he believes mushrooms can help save the universe by: cleaning polluted soil, thus restoring our Ecosystem, making insecticides, treating smallpox and even flu, and has even patented and discovered a formula where mushrooms  can break down neurotoxins used in nerve gas. Stamets even believes we could terraform other worlds in our galaxy by sowing a mix of fungal spores and other seeds to create an ecological footprint on a new planet. Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_stamets_on_6_ways_mushrooms_can_save_...

hello, ive come to realize that the natural growth cycle of the mushroom symbolizes alchemical transmutation for we must look back at the roots anyhow, be it that which is nature, however ive also come to realize, that yes as we know in alchemy their is the connection, or the trinity between mind body and soul, so that is why the alchemical transmutation, as we already know and percieve on infite levels of consicousness happens both spiritualy and phsyical yes, however i know, mentaly it also occurs once the mushroom is ingested, the p cubes, anyhow their are also diagrams of this as represented int he caduceus, check out the pharmacratical inquisition a good documentary on mushroom symbolism mythology in alchemy (another key, symbolism to understanidng alchemy), however i also realize, that the distillitation and alchemical transmutation, of our psychoactive urine, is importan as well, because then the life energy, as described by various other alchemists int he past, and the author of the book of aquarius, is representative of spirit, however i do realize the connection between all these different aspects of the art, (alchemy) but ah yes its pretty much, nature the alchemical transmutational growth of the mushroom, then the spiritual evolution that is to occur upon ingestment and proper use of it, as well as afterwards the spiritual evolution of it, coming back to the distilled psychoactive urine be made into the philosophers stone, hmm sorry for the obscuerity and lack of depth, i shall come articulate soon for im still in my experimental stages of this all but its going down synchramistically so hell ya! but yes i know for a fact that doing mushrooms and connecting to the sun and evolving into dragons, is vital, to just hear and brainstorm on and ponder upon through repleat etymology of those three subjects and how they all tye into alchemy haha

i shall continue with the alchemical transmutation of my pschoactive urine, i shall report as soon as i can! haha im following the same process as in the bookofaquarius,  i have an awesome feeling though, for i do know it is possible to evolve into a dragon, but i shall report back as soon as i have more clarity but i know it has a great deal to due with spiritual evolution coagulated with phsyical as well, through the medium of life energy be it the urine, but hmm, i just know that if we are to make the vesiva pisces shape with our body by connecting our hands together above our head and then our toes to our toes, whilest laying down on lets say a mountain and hypercommunicatedd with nature whilest on the affects of the philosophers stone, with the urine actually being mentaly transmuted as well with divine love and intention, but yes im sure this all can be done, im sure.

@lilbabydragon. agreed! And I will try this Vesica Piscis pose! Also the Pharmacratic Inquisition is a great documentary on mushrooms and their history. I will need to rewatch this one now.

RSS

© 2021   Created by The Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service